Hey! Not all hippies are smelly!! ;)

Peace and Love,

- Ted

On 10/26/05, Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have to admit, I'm curious as to what vlogs you feel kinda weird
> watching, like you're too much inside someone's life... if a person
> wants to share, whatever they decide to share, I don't think it
> should make people feel weird--it should make them feel welcome.
> Susan
> http://vlog.kitykity.com

"weird" is such a great, but meaningless, word.
for example...your videoblog: http://vlog.kitykity.com
here i am...allowed to see your intimate family moments.
its like im walking into your house and opening up your photo albums.
how great is that.

it really isnt "weird" though.
Its just a change in how we interact.
Richard BF said it best when he said that "privacy is dead".
http://www.kashum.com/blog/1128569900
(who is probably one of the best videoblog critics around)

so its just amazing to actually be able to see the social changes happening.
right now, i dont have relationships with people in other countries
UNLESS i have met them in person somehow.
there are few places for me to talk to people from other countries
about our lives or things happening in the world.
Many reasons for this: language barriers, we dont talk to people
unless they are like us, some cultures might not have the urge to open
up.
But with Videoblogging....I really see a foundation being built.
In 10 years, when a large group of people(thousands?) start recording
their lives online...youll be able to surf around and share their
consciousness. Without sounding like a smelly, fucking hippie....I
think this is pretty cool.
Seeing how someone lives creates empathy.

Tis reminds me of a great Daily Show observation:
Manhattan voted 87% against Bush.
we were also the center of the only US terrorist attack while also
having the gayest population on the planet.
the election was decided becasue of fear of terrorsim and
disaggreement with gay marriage.
when you dont know people, you can really hate them.

Jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/Momentshowing>