--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Ivanyi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the beauty of
> videoblogging is that it doesnt HAVE to matter - Steve said
>  I agree that it doesn't HAVE to matter, but, speaking personally,
I feel
> that great pangs when my qualitative audience diminishes, and
exhiliration
> when it increases. I have in the past easily been able to ignore the
> numbers. But honestly, I could never ever put up a video, if I knew
no one
> would watch it -- that would be an excercise in futility?

I don't see it as "futile", but I DO like the idea that some
stranger, far away from me may find my little creations
entertaining.  Though, I pretty much come from the stand-point that
NO ONE is visiting my site, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the few
comments I have received.

Speaking of "themes", I notice many vlogs incorporate the vlogger
somehow,  whether talking to the camera or just part of the scene.
I'm currently struggling with that idea -- since I tend to be a very
private person -- but I've got things I want to say, and moments of
my life that I would like documented in my own words.  When I look at
other vlog entries that are personal in nature, I'm riveted.  I guess
it's partly attributable to the fact that we ALL have a touch of
voyeur in us... and specifically for me, because being that honest on
camera is a totally foreign concept to me.  And I admire it.

I image that MY honesty can be gleemed through my videos and music --
but that personal interaction is missing.  One day, I'll push that
rock over the hill...

-Terry
http://boycottsociety.blogspot.com