> I'm not angry at the guy. But it does say a lot about how one group
> will do the figuring out and others come by to adapt and appropriate.
> It is capitalism 101. Not saying it is good or bad.

Except for the RSS enclosure piece, everyone on this list is treading the
same ground that guys like Ben Waggoner broke a decade ago. Only it's a
whole lot easier now because those people came up with "save to ipod" type
compression recipes which helped drive adoption of the technologies and
reduce prices across the board. Thanks to evolutionary steps in video
editing software, the "little guy" is now able to get pro level video
editing software for next to nothing.

I'm not discounting the importance of what's been done here, because
certainly the methodologies of low cost distribution and simplifying video
editing for a new group of video enthusiasts is massive. To ignore those
that came before in the online video space is to ignore a great deal of the
history.

Jake Ludington

http://www.mediablab.com
http://www.podcastingstarterkit.com