It was a great interview, Andrew. You do us all proud.

>"If you were Apple and your business model shifted where you
> really wanted to invest in promoting the video blogging community,
> how would you go about doing so?"

Let us into the click-to-purchase-video ITMS universe. I realize there is slim
chance of
this, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that whatever faustian bargain was struck
with ABC/
Disney included something that will keep independent creators out for a while.
But it
would help us toward finding a way to move some money through what we do.

Of course, I don't really know what I'm saying here: am I saying that every
episode of
Rocketboom would cost $1.99? or would cost one cent? or a subscription would
cost $10?
Or $1? or 1 cent? I am ceaselessly curious about what the new media landscape
may look
like in 10 years. Will we be subscribing to "aggregations" like cable channels?
("The CItizen
News network," "The Best of The peronal DIaries netowrk," "The Comedy and
PuppetShow
Channel?" etc...) I might pay $10 a year for a subscription to 20 related
quality vlogs. Or
maybe I would rather simply manage my own subscriptions forever, building my
own
programming to taste at 25 cents for a year of each vlog. Who knows?

My point is that the ITMS is a structure for an audience to pay money for media
content. it
is also a (primitive) aggregator for RSS subscribed podcasts (video or
otherwise).

the short answer to Andrew's question is that Apple could think of a way to let
us in on the
money side, rather than just the "subscribe for free" side.

And it is maddening that there is no way to search podcasts in a way that
filters VIDEO
ONLY in the returns. UGH!!!!!!

Dave