I try to keep mine as small as possible just out of courtesy to
viewers who are syncing up a large list of feeds to portable devices
like the iPod or PSP.

Thankfully in most cases, those devices are now coming with very large
capacity.  The PSP however still has fairly limited storage – but none
the less people are using the new PSP media management software to
subscribe and sync up vlogs.

I think the best way to judge it is to have in mind a video quality
standard you want to maintain and then do everything you can on
filesize at that quality.

I'm still having a few troubles finding a nice middle ground.  20-25MB
seems pretty standard, I think … though I have gotten nice clips in
the 10-15 range …

- Dave
http://www.davidmeade.com