And of course popularity doesn't mean you're good :) I always go to
the end of the popularity list in Mefeedia, like here:
http://mefeedia.com/feeds/pop/1050/, and subscribe to the *unpopular*
feeds. There are some real pearls there.

<preach mode on>I think it's very important that directories and such
don't just focus on the most popular stuff, but give easy access and
even promote the unknown, new, unpopular stuff. And that's also why
having *independent* directories is important (not directories whose
purpose it is to sell popular videos, and where you (supposedly) pay
for top spots, like iTunes' directory). <end preach mode>

Peter
--
http://mefeedia.com