Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: Looking for the perfect host site....

with all due respect matt, I think you are deluding yourself here about the stability and (prolonged!) quality of service for paid vendors

my rule of thumb: as soon as you find a great hosting site (paid or not), use it and start looking for another - it's just a matter of time before they grow too large and unresponsive in bother service and customer support

one more thing: the cost of exceeding your bandwidth can be very nasty with some paid services - what does dream host do if you exceed allocation? it happened to Verdi when Dylan spiked if I recall.

markus

LeanBackVids.com wrote:
In my opinion, there is nothing better than paid hosting.  If planned
and maintained, you do not have to worry about about links going bad
since they live on a domain you own and control.  As long as I
continue to renew my domain name, I can be certain that my video links
will be valid.  Who knows what will happen to the free services.  Of
course I wish them the best, but I would have no control if they went
dead or changed their linking structure.

Also, the bandwidth from a paid services is usually much better than
any of the free services.  Speaking from past experience, I'd much
rather visit a vlog that is not hosting their videos on a free service
because my time to watch vids is limited.  We're able to post 20-30MB
movies and have them autostart and not stall on a high-speed
connection.  The same cannot be said for some of the free services.

I'm a big fan of Dreamhost (as are many others here).  The best part
is they have a referral program that can eliminate your costs.  Given
all the time we spend on vlogging, what is $10 each month to have
ripping fast downloads and high quality statistics?  Two less lattes
or two less beers could make your vlogging life easier.

http://www.vlogmap.org/dreamhost.php

-Matt

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Lossy Graham"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious about what host sites you all use to upload your

videos. I have tried

Ourmedia and Vimeo and have found good things and bad things about

each. Ourmedia is

reliable, but very slow and a very complicated process that I don't

mind doing but some

others involved in my site are not too keen on. Vimeo is great

because of it's simplicity, and

the fact that it will convert wmv into Quicktime for you on the

site, but it seems unreliable

and it doesn't give much control on how it posts to your blog.

Any suggestions for good sites??

Graham
http://lossyvideo.blogspot.com/

http://apperceptions.org