Andrew, I wouldn't discount Flash.

IMHO the quality of this VideoEgg file is quite good, have a look:

http://www.thomasblard.com/thomasblard/2005/11/arroseur_arrose.html

the tinyurl is:
<x-tad-bigger>http://tinyurl.com/822zr
</x-tad-bigger>

cheers

Deconstructing the status quo, collaboratively

On Nov 17, 2005, at 3:40 PM, andrew michael baron wrote:

With all of my rejection of .wmv files combined with my hopes for a
single CODEC, I have learned that the number one reason to
provide .wmv files is for people who do not have the authority to
install on their machines.

Many people at work do not have access to install. Also people in
lesser developed countries often sit at cyber cafes and can not
install software from there either.

Most of these people are on Windows and can by default play .wmv files.

Its a lesser option, but often the only option.