--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Share" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> how important does everyone think it is to offer up both formats?
> mov's and wmv's. i'm considering getting some of the software to
> convert the mov's into wmv's so windows users don't get slowed down....
> any thoughts?
>
> thanks!
> share
> www.rocknrolltv.net

I work in Macs so I used to post my videos ONLY in .mov
But, now I post both in .mov and .wmv

It just happens that in Colombia were our families are, the computers don't
have quicktime
installed. (My brother who is a computer geek obviously has quicktime, but a
normal
person who just buys a PC and never installs anything, he doesn't have it). So,
for example
my wife's mother: she doesn't have a computer at home, so she has to go to an
Internet
Cafe to see the videos. I was on the phone telling her how to get to my vlog
and see the
videos, and she couldn't see them! The computer doesn't have quicktime
installed, I even
spoke with the person in charge of that place and told him to install it, but
he told me that
he wasn't allowed to isntall any softwares....... Huh???

Anyway, I finally had to start posting the videos in windows media, this way
she can see
them with out problems.

So it all depends in what people are going to see your videos. Obviously if you
post in
.wmv too the risk of people encountering problems is minimum, so more people
will be
able to watch them

Juan
http://livingwithfallas.myblogsite.com