We have an HDR A1, very similar to the HC1, and there's different output from the camera

HDV : HD signal compressed in mpeg2 to fit on a dv tape, it is what they call long gop which means there's only 6 real frames a second, the others frames are interpolations. You can edit native HDV in Final cut, Premiere and others...

DV : you can also shoot HDV (or DV) and downconvert your signal in DV with the camera than it would work with any native DV editing software.

If you need more infos, I'll be glad to help you out.

Jerome

Le 05-11-21, à 13:42, Brad Webb a écrit :

This is from my (foggy) memory, but isn't it their "HDV" format, or is
that simply hypespeak for mpeg2?

--
Brad Webb, Director of Social Media Technology

http://vslabs.vsocial.com/
vSocial | Custom One Media, LLC
51 W. Third Street, #301
Tempe, AZ 85281
(602) 885-2295 - Mobile
(480) 967-9575 - Fax

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

 Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

ALT productions
4530 Saint-Laurent,
#206, Montréal, QC
H2T 1R3