Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:10 PM
Subject: RE: [videoblogging] "How Old is Dick Cavett?"

From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Randolfe Wicker
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 3:41 PM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com

"Leading
off with an entirely irrelevant and possibly antagonistic question and
expecting to get the attention and respect you want isn't a relationship
building strategy. You become know as the asshole with the camera instead of someone worth talking to."

Well, forgive me for being curious.  That question was driving me crazy.  I thought Dick Cavett was in his eighties.  When I guessed his age as being 75, I was being very kind.

I object to this nonsense about "being ashamed of one's age".  One of the first things I'll voluntarily tell you is that I am 67 years old.

I'll happily become known as "the asshole with the camera".  I've always asked the hard and unexpected questions in interviews.  That's why my early radio interviews got rave reviews in the New York Times, The Herald Tribune and Newsweek Magazine.

You can get his age from IMDB.com. In the context of the roundtable leading up to your question, how was his age relevant? You set the question up as being ‘tough’ before you asked, which likely put his guard up. What was your next question after the age question going to be?

I’m not saying don’t ask tough questions and I’m not even specifically referring to that question, rather the discussion in general of “new media” being all about sticking it to the man.

Jake Ludington

http://www.podcastingstarterkit.com

http://www.jakeludington.com

Individual Fireant Typepad