Michael Sullivan wrote:

> I believe in random listing of vlogs more so than any other algorithm,
> and I am aware that even randoms are imperfect.
> So, i disagree that you *have* to sort by something.

good point!

I have found more fun new vlogs randomly through Ro's (aka firehttp)
videoblogging-universe ring video thumb clips than from any directory search

of course, his ring is based on a directory - but the way they are
presented to me is in fact randomly

Interesting aside: you can mathematically justify that the best way to
optimize many sorting operations is to *first* randomly shuffle the
data.  This is because "real world" data is often "skewed" or "clumped"
in ways that increase the need for comparisons.   Maybe this applies to
wetware too.

markus

http://apperceptions.org
http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com