Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 4:58 PM
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: Making directories

I use Wordpress and it allows you to ad comments to each link. But I
don't use this feature, I opt to categorize my links. So I guess
that accomplishes kind of the same thing.

One of the problems of linking in an aggregated media world is the
fact that if you get most of your vlogs via aggregator then how
likely are you to see links on any given blog? I rarely if ever
visit any actual video blog unless I'm commenting and the comment
pages of most blogs don't show the links. It seems that at that
point links are more important to machines (like search engines)
seeing relationships than for humans.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Philip Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>  > Someone should develop "explained" linking.  In other words, if
> link to jonny goldstein (which I have) I say (great humor).  That
would
> help people decide if they were interested.
>  >
>  > If this can be done and I just don't know how, excuse my
ignorance.
> Has anyone done this?
>
> well... i s'pose you could use the 'title' attribute with your 'a
href.'

> something like this--
>
> < a href=""http://jonnygoldstein.com/">http://jonnygoldstein.com/" title="Great humor!">Jonny
> Goldstein</a >
>
> that way, whenever anyone moves their cursor over the Jonny
Goldstein
> link, a little box pops up as a tooltip containing the
words 'Great