Dear Mr Wicker,

There should be a side panel usually on the left hand side of the camera, where you plug your firewire cable in under that should be a 3.5mm jack plug for audio in. Just plug you wireless mic into that and it should work.  Hopefully this should be of some help.

paul

On 5 Dec 2005, at 19:22, Randolfe Wicker wrote:

I have a problem insofar as my Sony HC42 mini-dv camera only has a shoe on top and two clip on microphones available.

I really need to have some way to get direct mick plug in.  Is there some sort of wireless of plug in microphone that can be connected via the shoe on top of the camera?

It's really ridiculous because the camera cost $800 last March.  I really thought I had researched everything but I didn't think of the audio.  I have a wireless mike for my old Hi8 camcorder.  Audio is really almost 50% of good video.

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker

Videographer, Writer, Activist
Advisor: The Immortality Institute
Hoboken, NJ
http://www.randywickerreporting.blogspot.com/
201-656-3280

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:18 AM
Subject: [videoblogging] External camcorder mic suggestions?

I'm in desperate need of an external mic for a small camcorder.  I've been shopping around
for one, but haven't found any ones I like.  This would have to be compact, and fit on a
handsized camcorder, small enough to keep the whole package (camcorder and mic) small.
Just throwing this out to see if anyone might have suggestions, possible solutions.  Thanks.

Bottom Union, Esq.

IndividualFireantTypepad
Use