> On Dec 7, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Enric wrote:
> That is what I do on my vlogs, I watermark with the text "cirne.com"
> in the bottom right corner.  I agree that is the rationaland probably
> primary method to place ownership on the visual media someone creates.

See.. perfect... Now if only big media could follow suit. I'm so damn
sick of steaming media files that don't stream don't play and aren't
downloadable or linkable or referenceable.

I tried to check out that Mena Trott video on CBS (off mena trotts
blog) and it was infuriating. Didn't work on safari or firefox. I
think... what would be FARRRR more effective is either a) flash, or
b) a downloadable mpeg4 with a CBS watermark, maybe the url on the
final frame... and heh... if they want to get crazy a little cbs.com
ad spot or 3rd party sponsorship after the video and before the url
and credits on the final frame.

I mean.... I know there's "streaming infrustructure stuff" there...
but that's just B.S.  We're all experts here in moving media... the
issue is not "efficiency" it's usability and accessibility for craps
sake.

come on, am I talking crazy talk here?

  LOL :)

-Mike