I disagree that it's meaningless - as you say, it would be
interesting to see what people are using.

I think it works fine as a survey of what people in the group use,
sophisticated or otherwise, given time to build a significant
response.

I've seen the question asked twice already, and I am sure it will
be again. It'll be nice to, rather than repeat this same back and forth,
give those inquirers an indication of the broad opinion of the group.

I'm certain there are a few more encoders that could be added. Suggestions?

joly

At 09:51 PM 12/8/2005, you wrote:
>I agree the poll is meaningless. It also depends on what you're trying to
>achieve.  Do you
>want sohpisticated titling capabilities? Do you need use chroma keying?  Do
>you want real-
>time rendering for transitions?  I too think FCP is by far the best choice
>from the different
>programs i've tried. But there also is a steep learning curve if you've never
>done any
>editing before.
>
>Plus it is difficult to say if one is "better" than another if you've never
>used the majority of
>them.
>
>I think it would be interesting to learn what people are currently using. Also
>some cameras
>allow you to edit on the actual camera although I imagine it would get tedious
>after awhile
>

>Will

             WWWhatsup NYC

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM