--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I would amend this to "the opportunity to be heard" or maybe "the
> right to the opportunity..."

And that's what counts.

The read-write web has turned negative liberties into positive liberties.

At least for some. I don't think we should ever stop reminding
ourselves that while, yes, while we now have a very real opportunity
to be heard, there still exists a very real digital divide, in
developed countries as much as anywhere else. It's one thing for us to
shoot those people's stories and upload them, but it's another to
erode that divide and let them do it themselves. That should be the
goal, in which case our focus needs to be not only on videoblogging,
but in the real world, offline, as well, where the "right to the
opportunity" to be heard still isn't actually a right, but a privelage.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/9QUssC/lzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM