maybe some of you McLuhan experts can tell me if you know of a reference for a quote that someone attributed to him that was something like

"Anyone who thinks that entertainment and education are different doesn't know the first thing about either."

... I like the quote and would like to find the correct attribution (and the exact quote, for that matter) ...

On 12/17/05, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:00:09 +0100, Enric < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For now we are human beings that produce and consume media through
> tools.  Have to wait for nanotechnology and genetical capabilities to
> be media.

Since I managed to bring up McLuhan in the video conference today: We
don't consume media. Media are extension of ourselves (that's why that one
book is titled "understanding media - the extensions of man").

I'll go to bed now. I'm not even that much of a McLuhan fan (sorry,
Schlomo!)

- Andreas
--
<URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM