My reply to Michael (sent privately earlier, hadn't realized he'd
posted in the group as well):

Michael -

I actually met for a few hours with the iTunes podcasting team this
week in San Francisco, and better rendering of show notes, links to
items, comments, etc. was high on my list of requests. As soon as I
have an ETA, I'll be sure to let you know.

For what it's worth, I think Apple's turning a corner with respect to
the communication on this (podcast support, that is). They recognize
that their engagement with the community has been lacking, and are
working hard to fix it. One early indicator of this is that Apple is
now supporting ping notifications of podcast updates - something that
they had never done before (despite requests from us and no doubt many
others). They're now a default ping recipient for all FeedBurner ping
updates.

There's more coming, which we'll work hard to communicate proactively
as we're able. I also anticipate that Apple will do a much better job
of communicating its priorities and developments.

Keep in touch, and let me know how I can help.

Regards,

Rick

----
Rick Klau
VP, Business Development
FeedBurner - http://www.feedburner.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM/Y!/Skype: RickKlau
office: 312.756.0022 x2012
direct: 312.239-0727
cell: 630.362.8911

Breathe more life into your content with FeedBurner's latest offering,
FeedFlare. Let subscribers email, tag and share your content in the
wild. http://www.burningdoor.com/feedburner/archives/001543.html

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meiser
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Howdy Rick, My compliments on the new features Feedflare.
>
> http://www.burningdoor.com/feedburner/archives/001543.html
>
> This is an open letter to ask if you and the guys at feedburner would
> be willing to fix itunes.
>
> What specifically I mean is itunes supports plain-text ONLY, no
> formating, no links in their silly comments box. They do in fact NOT
> have any links anywhere back to the permalink page on which the
> podcast or video was posted.
>
> I find this a slap in the face of podcasters and vloggers everywhere
> as podcasting and video blogging have the opportunity to be much more
> than simply a broadcast medium. In fact many would say being able to
> comment is an essential feature of videoblogging and podcasting.
> Which is why EVERY OTHER RSS READER HAS CLICKABLE PERMALINKS. Sorry,
> I just wanted to be clear about that.
>
> Anyway, my friends try to console me in my constant bitching that
> it's not that apple is evil, but just that they didn't have a good
> mechanism for displaying rich text, that they're sort of clueless.
> And so I've waited. However it's been to long, I would have thought
> they'd fix it by now in one of the many version updates that have
> come out. In fact apple has now put in links back to the homepage of
> the blog for every post, right near the podcast title, but STILL no
> link directly to the permalink page... I'm beginning to find it
> impossible that they're that clueless and am beginning to wonder if
> it's not part of some diabolical plan to either undermine the success
> of podcasting, or just to see if they can't piss absolutely everyone
> in this community off. Well, I'm pissed off, but I don't get made I
> find solutions... and maybe get even. ;)
>
> So how can you help?
>
> Simple... you should, might, could, add in plain-text permalinks into
> a feed at the end of the description field.. it would then be
> readable and copyable right from itunes info box. Easy for you to
> implement in a feed and much better than thousands of users having to
> go to a blog and browse around and look for the right post so they
> can read or comment upon it. Example below.
>
> > Comment!
> > http://permalink.com/blog/post.html
>
> Well, you get the idea, i just wish apple did.  Of course you could
> add your other features of your FeedFlair like emailing and delicious
> too. Just as long as your urls aren't to long. And of course you have
> control of that too.
>

> How to do this...
>
> 1) Well the easiest way would just be to put a switch into the feed
> and just allow people to turn it on.. call it the "fix itunes"
> switch.  I'm sure it'll not only get peoples attention, but get
> blogged about a bit too. ;)
>
> 2) Option two, detect feed calls from itunes... would work great, but
> requires some spryness on your part... then just put in the permalink
> at the very end of the post no matter what. Won't get you much
> [...]

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM