yeah the same thing happened back when webcams were hot on the market...
and email video too.
its just the way it is... sharks looking at trends and hype and then they try to dress it up in their typical sucker convincing way targeting non-techie types who dont realize that google searching is free and instead will spend $499 for information and be told that they can optionally resell it to others.. and so on...  MLM, pyramids, selling what is free, masked as some exclusive content.

this is so nothing new.

it does show you that video is the almighty.  that, my friends, is not a trend.

sull