--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Haugstrup" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> No. I was not trying to put down a definition. I don't know where you
> got that idea. A definition would include other factors that exclude
> Deperate Housewives in a blog template (because they are not read as a
> blog).

Then what is your definition of videblog? You seem to prefer to refer to
yourself as a
videoblogger but aren't you a video podcaster as well if I can watch your posts
in iTunes?

> I was trying to get the point across that reading "videoblogs" in a
> blog, or in FireANT is a different ballgame than watching videoblogs
> on an iPod in the bus.

True but you don't decide how a consumer views your video if you're including a
feed or
make it available as a download. If you truly wanted to be a true videoblogger
(i.e the
require the viewer to remain in the "context" of the blog) why even offer RSS
and allow
people to view the video in iTunes or other aggregators?

> I'm talking with Michael Meiser. He's a smart guy. I'm not trying to
> talk to a general audience - If I was I wouldn't drop names like
> McLuhan in the middle of things.

Although it's not a general audience, this forum includes over 2000 people. If
you want to
behave like a bunch of mandarins why not keep it off list?

> Being informal and personal is a factor in blogs, but it's just as big
> a factor in what I called video podcasting. You can't distinguish
> based on it.

You certainly can make distinctions based on content.  Documentaries and
narrative films
are both movies but are cleary different (i.e. fiction and fact) in their
content.  You don't
think these are useful distinctions?

Will

http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM