I have made this experiment too with the help of Andreas Linkubator :), so you can comment (link to the blog entry) directly from the iTunes video player by clicking on the "post a comment" overlay (the video player must be in a separate window).

It is implemented in my VJ video blog :
http://mjukma.free.fr/iUrl (it's a iTunes url)

Bertrand

2005/12/28, Andreas Haugstrup < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 04:55:57 +0100, Verdi < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So what do you call it if there is no blog, just a feed with videos,
> but the videos are interactive and among other things include links
> to blog posts?
> -Verdi (who thinks that sounds like a cool experiment)

I'd call is a videoblog - if navigation was included in the video.

I've been wanting to try something like that for a year or so, but never
got around to it. With SMIL+QT there's nothing stopping you from putting
links, comments, trackbacks and links to a feed and archive listings
directly in the video file.

However, it's a lot of hard work (that's why I haven't done it yet). And
in the end the result will be exactly the same as embedded a video in a
browser, so it's more a "fun thing to try". In reality there's no reason
why you shouldn't take the easy road and use regular blog software.

- Andreas
--

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM