next - googleOS

On 1/5/06, Ted Tagami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think they are diluting their valuation. They are playing the portal game, not good for Google. A clear signal growth is slowing. They should be doing something like acquiring on2 and then extending.

...and what is up with the Google Pack? According to WSJ:

The Mountain View, Calif., search company also plans to announce Google Pack, a bundle of software from Google and other companies that consumers will be able to download and install on their computers, say people familiar with the matter. That software will include the open-source Firefox Web browser, a version of Norton AntiVirus software from Symantec Corp., Adobe Systems Inc.'s Reader software, RealNetworks Inc.'s RealPlayer multimedia software, Trillian instant-messaging software from Cerulean Studios and Lavasoft AB's Ad-Aware antispyware software. Google Pack will also include Google's own desktop search software, Google Earth satellite imaging and maps software, Picasa photo-management software, Google Talk instant-messaging program, its Toolbar add-on for Web browsers and screen saver software.

Seems cobbled together in a rush...or am I just missing it?