Hello

I thought you all might be interested in this. If
someone has posted about this already and I've missed
it, my apologies. This was posted on another listserv
I belong to:

If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - including this one
- be aware that Yahoo is now using "Web Beacons" to
track every Yahoo Group user.  It’s similar to
cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and
every group you visit, even when you're not connected
to Yahoo.

Look at their updated privacy statement at
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy.

About half-way down the page, in the section on
cookies, you will see a link that says WEB BEACONS.

Click on the phrase “Web Beacons.”  On the page that
opens, find a paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo
Network."

In that section find a little "Click Here to Opt Out"
link that will let you "opt-out" of their snooping.
Be careful! NOT to click on the next button shown. It
is an "Opt Back In" button that, if clicked, will UNDO
the opt-out.

Note that Yahoo’s invasion of your privacy – and your
ability to opt-out of it – is not user-specific.  It
is MACHINE specific. That means you will have to
opt-out on every computer (and browser) you use.

Please forward this to your other groups. You might
complain, too, but I’m not sure if anyone is
listening….

-----
- Cheers,
Lisa Salem