Did you embed the Quicktime videos in HTML?
If you link directly to the video file the way FreeVlog suggests, then
you will definitely hear complaints about people not being able to see
your video. If you use an embedded player, or a popup window with an
embedded player, as I suggest, its likely you won't hear the
complaints. This is an Internet Explorer issue, not a Quicktime issue.
Quicktime is just as easy to install as Flash. And the adoption rates
of Flash 7-8 are highly exaggerated. You need the most recent version
of Flash plugin to see most Flash video, which requires an upgrade --
no different than requiring viewers to have QT, which they probably
already have anyway.

-Josh