Groovy, it sounds like youve got the right blend of different
technologies glued together in the rigt way, to provide the sort of
'best of both worlds' solution that can leverage the strengths of a
few different formats.

I havent tried your service myself, I wonder what the quality is like
if you are using (at a guess) Flash Communication Server to do the
uploading bit? I long for the day that there are more alternatives to
the 'easy upload through browser' part of the equation, than most
providers having to rely on Flash Comms Server (now Media Server with
new extra-silly license).

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> It's been a ton of fun here at Macworld, with some of the usual
suspects pimpin' vloggin
> and various products and such. Wish all of you could have been here.
>
> With that, I wanna pimp something I'm pretty proud of, especially in
light of all the recent
> debates on flash video and RSS and such.
>
> Over at Audioblog.com, we've enabled folks to upload video and post
it to their blog via a
> flash player. And because of that, I've generally been reluctant to
make too much noise
> about it here (well that, and I don't wanna be too spammy-- don't
worry, I won't start :P )

> Yesterday, we turned on some new features including, enabling links
to the video file to
> appear under the flash player (this is for the feedburner follks).
Or, you could just upload
> video and post it directly to a pure RSS feed.
>
> The other thing is that we'll on-the-fly transcode pretty much any
video format into
> Quicktime, ready to go for the video-capable iPod.
>
> I tend to believe we *can* have it both ways. Most visitors click
the flash player on my site
> (especially first time ones), as well as folks who want to be able
to take the video with
> them, watch it where ever, or do whatever with it (since I'm
encouraging of remix/mashup
> culture from time to time). I'm just happy I don't have to hack it
manually, and it's all on-
> the-fly.
>
> It took a little longer than expected, however, I'm okay with that.
I hope it works flawlessly