On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:55:09 +0100, Enric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> right... you had to drag the stuff in and it automatically converts.
>> But it still had to convert. Its just that the interface was simple
>> and intuitive. I would think that iTunes will try to make the process
>> roughly the same for video on the iPod.
>>
> Perhaps I confused what Andreas was saying.  I thought he meant
> software authors should only provide two codecs and have the user
> figure out the rest.  He may have meant a content authors, in which
> case I'm mistaken.

Yes, I meant content authors. The videoblogger should only ever have to
provide one, perhaps two formats (because Apple and Microsoft will never
think what's best for the consumer). The user's software should handle all
necessary conversations to make sure the content plays on that user's
external devices.

- Andreas