Yeah, we are an Amazon affiliate and link from the vlog post to the
album that contains the song we're using... but 90% of our traffic is
coming from iTunes so most viewers do not have the context of our
site. (Damn iTunes!)

I realize that using copyrighted music is 100% illegal, but wonder if
there is a bigger risk of getting busted if the site contains
sponsorship, which means we're making money off the content (including
the song used).

This is probably a worthless topic since any way you look at it is
illegal.  Oh well, I have no plans of changing any time soon since the
RIAA has bigger fish to fry.

-Matt
http://vlogmap.org
http://leanbackvids.com