Even though you might not be making money now if you do in the future they
could so for
back royalties with interest and that could feasibly be a handsome chunk of
change.

Using copyrighted music is complicated. You need permission from the owner of
the
composition and the owner of the recording.  Often times these aren't the same.

Here is info on licensing
http://www.ascap.com/weblicense/

Here good explanation of fair use
http://www.soundexchange.com/licensing101.html#a19