> I'm looking into purchasing some new editing software because I'm
> quite fed up with windows movie maker, does anyone know of any really
> good editing programs that export in the quicktime format and cost
> less than $100? Thanks.

Ulead VideoStudio 9 is less than $99 AND outputs to .mov format (as well as tons of other formats) you can try it for free for 30 days at www.ulead.com

If you need help with downloading the program file then use this great free software called "Star Downloader" at web with same name.

Avid/Pinnacle Studio 9 does not output to mov format, but a small chance the new version 10 might since Avid bought and repackaged $99 Pinnacle Studio. It also has limited free trial at www.pinnaclesys.com

Always try before you buy. All three $99 sotware are much better than Windows Movie Maker: Ulead, Pinnacle, and Adobe Elements.

If you hate Windows Movie Maker you will hate even more the Avid Free DV--very very limiting on outputs and creative options. It is very good at talking over newbies heads though :-)

nerissa
author, The Ultimate Guide to Free Video Editing Software

Nerissa Oden
http://TheVideoQueen.com
http://FreeMediaGuide.com
http://FreeVideoCoding.com