On 1/30/06, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just a note that if you are using CC stuff that is specified
> 'Non-Commercial' you can still contact the person/organization that
> holds the rights and secure another license from them. The idea behind
> applying a CC license is that it is a *default* license that (should)
> easily and clearly specify what you can do with the works, and if you
> want to do something else, discuss it with the creator.
>
> Sure, it might be a pain contacting people whose work you've used about
> another license, but it might be worthwhile to all parties.

Sure, or I could just create a new vlog that's commercial in nature.
My personal vlog is really that-- personal. If I made it commercial, I
would feel an obligation to provide something of value for the cost of
admission.

> Non-Commercial is such a hard to define term. If you have ads on your
> site, or affiliate links, is it non-commercial? If the ads make you a
> grand total of $200 per year, is that really commercial? You could make
> more selling your plasma...

I get around this question by not making any money at all from my
vlog. I am making another vlog, however, that's sponsored by a
non-profit organization. It may or may not be included in a for-sale
DVD at the end of the year, so I have to carefully evaluate licenses
for any music I might use, or else use all-public domain music (for
instance).

--Stephanie

--
Stephanie Bryant