Ah. Well...for me personally, I wouldnt run a video commercial. My
solution was an attempt to avoid the commercials "in video".

While I am not opposed to ads on a website, my wish is to not
interfere with the viewers experience of watching my/the content.

I may or may not include an ad below my videos in a pop-up window.
Still thinking about it. Would the small amount of revenue gained from
that be worth it? Maybe. However if viewers dont watch my videos
because of it, then I would certainly remove the ads.

For Rocketboom, with the multitudes of viewers they have, an
experiment like this may not be so harmful to lose a few viewers here
and there. For someone like me with a small amount of visitors, losing
a any amount of people watching would make a difference.

David
http://www.taoofdavid.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but what if the ad is a video commercial?
> this is where much new experimentation will be done... not
image/text ads.

> On 1/30/06, David Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Here is a simple solution for that. Took me all of 30 seconds to think
> > about it.
> >
> > User clicks link to video.
> >
> > Window opens with video in it and an ad placed below the video.
> >
> > Solution solved. Advertisers needs are met with the displaying if the
> > ad throughout the whole video and the user gets immediate
> > uninterrupted video content.
> >
> > Yes? No?
> >
> > David
> > http://www.taoofdavid.com
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rachel Knight
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Not a problem David, but if the ads are your choice whether to watch
> > > them, then they won't pay as much, as they are not guaranteed as
> > > large an audience to target.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> --
> sull
> "The hybrid or the meeting of two media is a moment of truth and
revelation
> from which new form is born"
> http://vlogdir.com - The Videoblog Directory
> http://videobloggers.org - Free Videoblog Hosting / Vlogosphere