bottom line in my opinion is this....
if your audience appreciates your work and is at least half-witty as to why you are trying such ad placements, then they should be happy to watch 15-30 seconds of this ad in order to support you.
if they are completely turned off by this approach and stop watching/supporting your work, then why would you care about them anyway?
if they were watching and enjoying your work for however long they were 'subscribed' then they are the ones who were getting a deal.... consuming what you take the time to create and publish.

if you are able to filter and use more quality ads.... then i dont think it should be looked at as bad or evil... what it is, folks, is reality.
you're not going to keep Internet Video pure... whether a vlog or not... with your negative sentiment about ads and content creators who decide to use them for sustainability.

look at it this way... if some subscribers drop off if you do use ads.... then you are filtering your viewer base with those who truly support you.  screw the others.  they can go blog about how ads suck and hwo vloggers are selling their souls, corrupting the culture and so on... you know... noisemaking.

do what you want if it works for you.   just make sure you do it well ;-)

Sull