On 2/3/06, Susan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> See, that's the thing--I really love it--but I am having trouble
> making it consume my time right now.  ;)  Does that even make sense?

If you're having trouble being motivated to vlog, then you're getting
burned out. Avoiding something is a good sign that you're burning out
on it. TAKE A BREAK.  The only people you'll disappoint by taking a
break are your subscribers. You can either rerun past episode for
them, let them know you're going on a short hiatus, or have someone
guest host for you for a short time while you recharge your batteries.

> To hang out with other passionate vloggers, I have to drive five hours
> away... that involves making sure the kids and daddy are all right
> (though next time I'm hoping to bring daddy with me), making sure
> someone can cover for me at work (I'm a Unix admin, and always on
> call)... would be so nice if I had a buddy or six a town away I could
> hang with once in a while.  Make sense?  :)

Absolutely! It sounds like you're an "in-person" kind of person. Some
folks are all online, all the time, and they don't know anybody in
"meatspace" who they don't also know electronically. For people like
my husband, there's no point in knowing someone solely online if you
never meet them in person.

It's very hard to get a group of vloggers together in one geographic
location. Even when you live where there are a ton of vloggers around,
it's difficult to find a time and venue for everyone to meet.

--Stephanie

--
Stephanie Bryant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]