Frank Carver wrote:
> Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 7:23:11 PM, Pete Prodoehl wrote:
>> Are there any abandoned videoblogs yet? :)

> Another way to look at it, though, is that because the vlogosphere has
> so few scheduled "shows", there's hardly any chance of "fading",
> merely some (potentially very) long gaps between posts.

That's why I describe my podcast that started in August 2004 like this:
RasterWeb! Audio is a podcast that occasionally exists...

The great thing about syndication is that if you subscribe to the RSS
feed, you can release a new 'thing' ever day, week, month, or whatever,
and (in theory) people will get it, all without having to remember to
visit your site.

Besides, has anyone made any sort of commitment where they can't decide
they want to stop doing something? I've written ideas for at least two
podcasts that would run their course and then end. Hmmm, actually, I
think I read the Ricky Gervais podcast is scheduled for 12 episodes, and
then will be over. People probably have this idea (instilled from old
media) that you have to keep producing in order to be successful, or
relevant, or whatever. Quit when you want, move on, fine by me - just
try to keep your work available, through Ourmedia, or whatever.

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...