http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DV#Video_compression

36 Megabits per second for DV, on average.  This doesn't include any sort of other display overhead.

Most wireless connections don't actually get 54 megabits of throughput (also, they're half duplex if I remember right).  Trying to push 36 megabits through a wireless connection will cause lots of collisions and packet loss.  It wouldn't make for a very good editing experience.

Secondly, he wants to be able to control iMovie, which means using something like a remote desktop technology, none of which support video very well (they're designed to minimize bandwidth for traditional PC use).

Clint