"BITS is a system service that applications can use to transfer files
asynchronously between a client and an HTTP server."

"Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is a Windows component
that asynchronously transfers files in the foreground or background,
throttles the transfers to preserve the responsiveness of other network
applications, and will automatically resume file transfers when a
computer is restarted and a network connection is re-established."

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8c6ef6c8-2abf-43c7-ab51-e0c53303086d&DisplayLang=en

it appears that this is being used more in some products

in my opinion, this is a Blip.tv reporting issue more than anything else
and I really wish they would address it as it's really annoying

it's been mentioned several times in the blip group, but so far nothing
has been done about it

i really wish blip would figure this out (it's fairly old MS technology,
I believe).

Bill Streeter wrote:

>Does anyone know what the hell "Microsoft BITS" is? and why does it
>show up in my server stats 10 times more than anything else? I Googled
>it but it doesn't tell me much.
>
>Bill Streeter
>LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
>www.lofistl.com