Your subject line is misleading.

This has nothing to do with vlogging. This is a case of copyright
violation.

David
http://www.taoofdavid.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I read an interesting article today about how NBC made You Tube stop
carrying a downloadable segment of a show that NBC also had as a free
download on it's own site.

> I can imagine what fun "remixing" some of this commercial stuff
might be.

> Here is just the beginning of the article:
>

>             NBC Needs To Fall Into Some Internet Marketing Cracks
>             A media critique by Wayne Friedman, Monday, February 20,
2006
>               NBC DOESN'T WANT THE HELP of strangers--especially
strangers who want to help promote its shows.

>             Such is the case with YouTube.com, which offered up a
free download of a short "Saturday Night Live" sketch. NBC itself also
offers the sketch free on its Web site. But NBC told YouTube to give
the skit the heave-ho.

>             Why? Perhaps this could lead to abuse. Perhaps someone
would get too crazy and start promoting other shows, real crappy ones.
Then what? I don't know. Perhaps they could climb out of last place.

>             NBC's official response to YouTube is this: "We're
taking a long and careful look at how to protect our content," said a
spokeswoman, who added that the company means no ill will toward fan
sites.

>             This is backward thinking. Buzz marketing, viral
marketing, word-of-mouth marketing is what network marketing
executives should be dreaming about, efforts which can coolly relaunch
shows, or tout quality--but underappreciated--shows. Viral marketing
may be imperfect--but it could be the answer in an age of
fractionalization"