On 21 Feb 2006, at 16:34, Chuck Olsen wrote:

> My Flash player is created using Flash's own video player tools.
> I should put it in the files section here for anyone that wants to
> use it. I create the .FLV (Flash video) files using Sorenson Squeeze.
> It's all a little involved but works nicely, having it embedded.

Yeah, I saw that you were referencing the FLV externally to the movie:
<param name="movie" value="http://mookitv.com/video/
mnstories_20060221.swf">
and that got me thinking it might be a generic player of some kind.
There are a few free ones out there, eg:

http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/

(audio only, but nice in that it uses XSPF)

One can also generate them dynamically with Ming - see the tutorial at:

http://klaus.geekserver.net/flash/streaming.html

(not pretty, hence my question!)

My friend has FFMPEGX and possibly Squeeze, so encoding shouldn't be
a problem.

It would be *great* if you'd post the file somewhere for download -
credits would of course be given :)

> Then I include a Quicktime for the RSS feed since most RSS clients
> (with the huge exception of FireANT) don't care for Flash.

Indeed *sigh*

All the best,

Christian
--