This is my comment response to Alex's blog post:

I can see the points you make and they appear salient.  However I make
constant use of (cc) licensing in my videoblogs and have found it
useful for both getting material, mainly photos to use as poster
images, and licensing my vlogs.  I search for photos on flickr that
allow re-use and have used many giving them attribution.  I license my
work as Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivs and one time was requested
to remix one piece and to which I gave permission.  So I have found
(cc) licensing useful  and have had no problems with it yet.

  -- Enric
  -======-
  http://www.cirne.com

http://www.sourcelabs.com/blogs/ajb/2006/02/creative_commons_is_broken.html