Likewise I can see why you use handbrake, in terms of more options and
ability to see the effects of cropping etc.

In general I am annoyed, this stuff remains too complex, by and large.
Ive just been playing with the latest iSquint and it seems to pop mov
files out somethines (when encoding to h264? havent dont enough
testing yet). So various things ahve changed since last time I used
it. I dont think it does dualpass, unfortunately.

So as ever there is still no 'one size fits all' solution, iSquint
will suit some people well, but I struggle to stay up-to-date with all
of the encoding options these days. Since I gave up caffeine time
seems to pass very quickly, but maybe thats a good thing.

Personally Im still struggling badly with what format exactly to use
for crating personal video library. First I couldnt decide whether to
use h264 at 320x240 or mpeg4 at a higher res. Then I ended up with
both an ipod and PSP so that complicates things further. Then there
are additional choices to make due to haveing HDV camera. Now Ive got
a HD TV and the ipod TV out doesnt satisfy me enough. High Defintion
television transmission is only just beginning in the UK, so right now
I can download better quality stuff than I can get on TV or DVD. But a
nother year has passed without me getting round to videoblogging. I
think I am going round in circles, oh well, I should of known that my
nerdy tendancy to always want to use the best option, would lead to
infinite delay and confusion for me. Wibble!

Cheers

Steve of Elbows