Hi Michael,

The option to enable or disable the track downloads feature is found
on the Analyze Tab -> Standard Stats (for free users) or Total Stats
Pro (for pro users) by clicking the checkbox "Item enclosure downloads
(podcast downloads)"   It's a new option that we added with our Stats
redesign at the beginning of the month and, like all of our services,
is an opt-in feature by the publisher.

Just to make sure, I also verified that Fireant was included in the
list of podcatchers that were tested during QA. But if you see an
outstanding issues, we'd be glad to look into it and do whatever we
can to assist in resolving it.

For this particular feed, we just tested on the latest version of
Fireant on Mac and Windows XP and were able to subscribe to the feed
and receive the media downloads just fine.  Let us know if you see
anything different.

We definitely understand your concern on the format of the rewritten
urls. Primarily, we always want to make sure that everything we do is
standards compliant. This particular convention is same one that
we've used for tracking clickthroughs on items for the last couple of
years.  Historically, it has worked well but we can definitely see
where this can be confusing (even to us at times :) in the sense of
url's that link to media files.

On the other hand, manipulating the query parameters to meet logic
that depends on the extension at the end of a link can also be
considered to have a negative impact as it masks deeper problems in
client code that prevent it from working correctly with standards
based urls.  Testing revealed that most clients handled things
correctly and the couple of issues we received were followed up with
close work with the client software author to make sure the issues are
understood and resolvable.

Nevertheless, we definitely give the feedback we receive either way
much importance and will take it into account.  I hope this explains
the thinking behind the way its working now and look forward to any
suggestions.  Thank you so much for using feedburner and we're always
open to your ideas.

Jessie Chavez
Feedburner Engineering Team

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Sullivan"