On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:32:42 +0100, David Meade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Well, on one hand ...
>     If I were feedburner I probably would have put
> &filename=origional_file.mov at the end. Just make sure they werent
> going to
> break any systems already in place.  I agree with you there, it seems a
> simple safe guard for backward compatability.

It's not a case of backwards compatability. If file names aren't being
resolved it's a bug that should be fixed asap. Relying on a query string
value corrupts the value of the URL (suddenly the filename is not the
filename. The filename is actually an arbutrary query string value). That
creates more problems than it solves.

> All that being said, yeah I think it would be great if some standard
> could
> be agreed upon such that enclosure redirects should always end with the
> filename ... why not?

It's not a question of "why not" it's a question of "why".

> Is this something that microformats might be able to provide?

No, microformats are HTML based - this is an HTTP issue.

--
Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen