On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 04:35:14 +0100, Michael Sullivan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i cant argue against that.  which is why i have'nt ;-)
> my focus is on if/how a masked url redirect should be laid out.
> if the url is a direct media location, i dont think its ludicrous to
> suggest
> that the filename reside in the url instead of replacing it with a fake
> filename format etc.

But that's so contrary to the web. Why should you, I and everyone else
spend time and resources trying to solve a problem that doesn't exists?

I don't hear any complaints that the URL
http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20060310-1630/ doesn't contain a filename.
Should I be using http://www.solitude.dk/showentry.php?id=20060310-1630
instead so you can see the filename of the script? I don't get why you
want to disallow clean URLs for media files.

URLs are arbitrary, that's fundemental to the web. If you want to change
that you better have a damn good reason. I haven't heard that reason yet,
since you're trying to solve a problem that don't exist.

--
Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen