Thanks Deirdre,

However, I was interested in more details about encoding .flv videos using Flash Video Encoder, since I'm starting to play around with this.

Some questions:

1) Is it better to start with a high quality DV version of the video? (I note that places like uTube and Blip are able to do it from the compressed .mov or .wmv versions).
2) Ideas on "prototype" settings to begin with. (Sort of like the freevlog compression tutorials, but with flash encoder).

... any info would be much appreciated, and, as I play around I share stuff ... Richard