I've got accounts at both DH and LP, both have automated Wordpress installation. Personally, I find the LP control panel easier.

The bandwidth DH offers is larger, the downloads feel faster at LP.

I have my http://vlognews.24x7.com over at blogger just to keep an eye on their service and developments (as I have blogs at other hosts too) and, too, am disappointed by the downtime and slow response from support.

In the end, it's a personal decision, no one hosting service will ever be perfect for everyone. Good luck!

--
cheers

Deconstructing the status quo, collaboratively

my vlog: http://r.24x7.com