I'd like to hear your thoughts on this too, but I don't want to join another group.

Let's discuss it here?

I'm sure there are plenty of people here with experience in this area, and plenty of people without it that would be glad to learn more.

A good repository for web design, SEO, and traffic building stuff:
http://www.sitepronews.com/archives.html

AQ