Hello,

I think the only way to really make all (or most) browsers support one standard video format is to force them.

Basically, we do this by making a single video format the defacto standard.  In other words, all of us vloggers just start using one video format, and eventually, the browser makers will feel compelled to support that format.

Now, this doesn't mean that we don't support other formats.  It just means that as a baseline we always support that one video format.

(My vote is for Ogg Theora to be the defacto standard for the reasons I previously mentioned.)

If you want an example of this working.... Just look at RSS.  It's now being supported by all the browsers because it was a defacto standard.  I.e., the browsers added support for RSS because everyone was using it.

See ya