I don't think this is the issue. Mefeedia is a directory/aggregator - that links to videoblogs. FireAnt is an aggregator with a directory that links to videoblogs.

This is way different than being a distribution system that appears as if they have all of these videobloggers that have chosen to host their stuff on their servers.

Like you said, it's what you do with the content. Yes Veoh has stopped doing what they we're doing...
but
1. I don't think it was an innocent mistake - they're too smart for that.
2. The other day in an interview they tried to blame it on a buggy system (that wasn't in place at the time) instead of accepting blame for a bad practice.

It's NOT "about the attribution, more than anything else!"

-Verdi