It's the classic 80/20 rule, some may come to the site to join just
to plug something and then you never hear from them again, some are
daunted by the tech know how, some may just enjoy the ranting of a
bunch of "slightly off" persons.....  :)  But I know I would like a
more type of forum thing and I do remember you plugging the forums
you created, I think for some it may be that they don't want to have
to travel to different sites, once they are hear.  I think some of
the issue with the forum idea that you had, was who else was plugging
it?  Was there a link on freevlog, and vloggercon or even in this
group on the main page.

I know that I would like something like a forum listing, (I meant to
could be addressed rather quickly and easily, David's was pretty good
I thought, and from what I remember usadutch2001's was pretty cool
looking........

I don't know people are lurkers by nature I think, only the "alphas"
have the thick skin to withstand some of the heat that comes with
this group sometimes....  :)  That and to be honest most of the time
what really gets this group going is very "techie" issues and ideas
that I think that most of the users on this group have NO IDEA what
you guys and gals are talking about........I know it is over my head
sometimes.......ok most of the time.....

Heath - Batman Geek
http://batmangeek7.blogspot.co,

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "usadutch2001" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I was a lurker a long time because the technical level was byond my
> comfort. I bet there are a lot of lurkers just enjoying every
> conversation.
>
> I think this groups must stay the way it is, a discussion group.
>
> And to answers Josh question, I did try to plug a forum with RSS
feed,
> email-messaging with new topics, embeded video, and lots of
functions
> you will not find in other forums that are geared towards our media.
> But the result? Just 14 member and 2 Yes 2 posts from others.
>
> I have no clue how to get people more involved and what the setup
must be.

> And what about Vlogchallenge....? A great oportunity for vloggers to
> explore new things.. Try some new ideas but there is no
participation.

> Should we start over and call vlogging something else like
Vlogcasting?

> Now up my number with 1 again. :)
>
> Blips
> http://vlogassist.com
> http://vlogmatic.com
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Leo" <joshleo@> wrote:
> >
> > I hate to say this, but I think that a message board format may
come in
> > handy to keep one community with separate groups/cliques
> >
> > But ideally it would be great to have an email or RSS feature
> also... I want
> > to be able to keep up with things going on but i don't want to
have
> to visit
> > a message board every day... right now we have multiple groups
> (languages,
> > content, theory, node101, fireant, etc...)
> >
> > I think that one space with divisions is better than multiple
> spaces... and
> > it may be less intimidating for newbies...
> >
> > but perhaps this is all a brilliant ploy to plug the new vlogmap
> forums...
> > hmmm
> >
> > anyway... those are my thoughts
> >
> > On 5/9/06, LeanBackVids.com <leanbackvids@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Out of curiosity, I decided take a closer look at the use of
this
> > > Yahoo Group.  Here are the results...
> > >
> > > The last 1,000 messages were analyzed from May 8, 2006 back to
April
> > > 20, 2006 (18.5 days)...
> > >
> > > Only 152 unique users posted (7% of the total 2,179 members).
> > >
> > > Here are the top 50 users by number of posts...
> > >
> > > 80      Michael Sullivan
> > > 50      Devlon
> > > 43      Charles Iliya Krempeaux
> > > 39      David Meade
> > > 36      Markus Sandy
> > > 35      Deirdre Straughan
> > > 34      Michael Verdi
> > > 27      Andy Carvin
> > > 27      Casey McKinnon
> > > 24      robert a/k/a r
> > > 23      Anne Walk
> > > 21      Harold Johnson
> > > 20      Josh Leo
> > > 19      Joshua Kinberg
> > > 18      Enric
> > > 17      David Howell
> > > 17      Jen Simmons
> > > 17      Stephanie Bryant
> > > 16      andrew michael baron
> > > 15      Andreas Haugstrup
> > > 13      B Yen
> > > 13      Bill Streeter
> > > 13      Susan
> > > 12      Gena
> > > 12      Heath
> > > 11      jonny goldstein
> > > 11      usadutch2001
> > > 10      Ted Tagami
> > > 9       Chuck Olsen
> > > 9       Paul Knight
> > > 9       Steve Garfield
> > > 8       Jan
> > > 8       LeanBackVids.com
> > > 8       Mike Hudack
> > > 8       WWWhatsup
> > > 7       Josh Wolf
> > > 7       Randolfe Wicker
> > > 7       Richard (Show) Hall
> > > 7       Stan Hirson, Sarah J...
> > > 6       Adam Quirk
> > > 6       Jay dedman
> > > 6       Mike Moon
> > > 6       missbhavens1969
> > > 6       Nathan Freitas
> > > 6       Ron Watson
> > > 6       Ryan Ozawa
> > > 6       xicastmedia
> > > 5       greendesertpro
> > > 5       Michael Meiser
> > > 5       Monique Danielle
> > >
> > > The point of all this?  To validate my concerns...
> > >
> > > It is my opinion that this group is very closed off from the
rest of
> > > the video blogging world.  Sure it is very tight-knit and
friendly,
> > > but the group seems to have hovered around the 50-250
participating
> > > members since last year.  There must be a way to bridge the gap
> > > between all the other vloggers.
> > >
> > > Note: If you don't think the results are an accurate
representation, I
> > > can analyze more data, but I believe that the trend will be the
same.

> > > -Matt
> > > http://vlogmap.org
> > > http://ridertech.com